Greek salad is based on the simplicity of the ingredients. Ripe heirloom tomatoes, salty kalamata olives, crisp cucumbers, zingy Spanish onion and bitter green capsicum release their fragrant waters under a generous drizzle of good quality olive oil.
To serve it is important to leave the feta slice whole and intact it makes for a stunning side dish. A real sexy salad. Garnish with a sprinkling of oregano and eat with crusty warm bread.
Check out our Sexy Salads category for more delicious Salad Recipes.
Traditional Greek Salad
Serves 4 Serves
- 1 Cucumber Medium
- 1 Green Capsicum
- 3 Ripe hierloom tomatoes Medium
- ½ Red onion
- ½ cup of Kalamata olives
- 1 block of Greek feta don’t crumble
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1-2 tablespoons of white vinegar
- 2 teaspoons of dried oregano
- Flakey salt
- Cut the red onion into thin slices.
- Cut out the core of the capsicum and slice.
- Peel the skin off the cucumber and cut into 1cm slices.
- Cut the tomatoes into a variety of wedges and chunks (not too small, 3-4cm in size).
- Place everything into a shallow wide salad bowl.
- Add the olives.
- Drizzle the olive oil and vinegar (don’t toss this salad).
- Sprinkle with salt and dried oregano.
- Top with Feta and extra olive oil and oregano.
- Serve with crusty bread- mopping up the juices are the best part!
Tried this recipe?Mention @recipe_to_taste or #recipetotaste
Recipe creation & styling by Scarlett Forward, Post written by Carmen Forward,
Website & photo editing by Rachel Trevarton.
Easy to follow recipe